Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Papercraft Star 19

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥


Isn't this one gorgeous photo as our inspiration this week at Papercraft Star - wow ! Beth and Kristina always choose the very best photos I think for our challenges, I am always very excited to get going as soon as I see them.

I chose to go simpler this week, mostly because the smooth textures of the fruit, and the paper leaves left me with a classic feel. In fact, looking at this photo again I see so much in it, I just may use it as an inspiration again. Look at the reflection of the silver, and the little tea light, the spring in the leaf stems - all beautiful.

Here is my contribution this week ! I think my main feeling here was the pattern on the plates, the smooth textures and of course, those fall colors that aren't traditional at all, but boy, they sure did make me think fall !!


I have been shouting the praises of our October sponsor, Art Cult - isn't that tag paper absolutely incredible. Don't miss stopping at this little shop, oh my goodness, I am such a big fan.
My Pay Pal account says so ....

Link up your submissions starting NOW, until noon Saturday. I know you will find something in that photo that will produce an amazing card or layout for you !!

And don't forget our DT call at Papercraft Star - we might be looking for YOU. The call ends on 11/5, so be sure to get your projects in there !!!

Small teeny bitsy print:

Tag Paper : Art Cult
Cardstock : Coredinations
Background : DCWV
Foreground: Prima
Rub-on sentiment : DCWV
Brads and ribbon : stash

♥♥♥♥ ♥♥♥♥

9 comments:

  1. Jan, I've been catching up on leaving comments. I have been visiting commentless and your work is just pure amazingness. And this card is no exception. The colours are stunning, and I agree the tag is amazing. Beautiful! (excuse my use of made up words, LOL)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exquisite elegant card Jan! You really 'caught' the feel of the picture! Love it! Ira

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is a beautiful picture Jan, and your card really compliments it...you did capture the plates...gorgeous card.
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jan, this card is absolutely gorgeous! The colors are perfect and I love the layout! The rub on is simply gorgeous! Wonderful work!

    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful vintage card and I really do like the colors

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is just so lovely Jan. You captured those colors and the soft feel of that photo so well. Gorgeous piece of artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love it! really, excellent job! I love that rub on! Looks perfect, and love the pearl on each "scallop"! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. I just love this card Jan, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love all the inked edges ,very subtle.Love it.


    Hugs

    Gail

    ReplyDelete