Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My baby don't care


♥♥♥

Do you ever have a challenge that you just MUST do ?  Today's card was one of those for me ...

City Crafter has a ticket/transportation challenge today, and Ros has entitled it "Ticket to Ride".  Most appropriate, as Ros is from Liverpool, the home of the Beatles.  Oh, if I had known Ros when I was about 13 I would have been school-wide famous.  If you did not live through that era, you cannot imagine the explosion those four boys caused across America.  I have heard things compared to it since, but truthfully, nothing and no one has ever been like it.

Plus, I have been using parts of songs as my blog title for a little while now, as all my creativity goes into my cards/projects, and by the time I have to think up a title, well
my baby don't care ...


I made this into a "bulletin board", with things stuck hither and yon.
Everything is a hodge-podge of my junk.  I had always thought the ticket to ride was for a train, but the Beatles arrived in America by plane, so I chose a photo of an old one, maybe a crop duster or from WWII.

Ros - my day was wonderful, thanks to you !!!

Card stock - Coredinations
Design Paper - Bo Bunny
Photo - Tim Holtz
Hotel stickers - Tim Holtz
Tickets - K & Co, ged, Tim Holtz, American crafts, and probably someone else too

6 comments:

  1. Fabulous project Jan, is it a bulletin board or a card? Either way it is awesome. I am a Beatle's era baby as well, so Ticket to Ride is one of my faves as well. wonderful use of all the memorabilia. So glad your are joining in the fun at the CCCB this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad I made your day ... even if we met a little too late for you. My fav was always John ... but my husband never forgets when John ... as a young teenager ... stole his go cart and smashed it! Lol!! His lip quivers now when he tells the story ha!ha!ha! ...
    Anywho I love your card!! I can see all your thoughts when you made this ... thanks so much for playing at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jan this is awesome, love the feel of this card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is one cool masculine card, thanks for sharing it with us at CCCB!
    My 2 teenager girls are big beatles fan too, you could imagine we have to let them walk across the street at abby road again and again just to catch that perfect beatles look-a-like picture 2 summers ago, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness. LOVE THIS!! It truly is awesome..

    Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty!!! LOVE your use of the tickets! Thanks for playing along with CCCB!

    ReplyDelete