Thursday, January 13, 2011

CCCB 39


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

City Crafter has this wonderful sketch for us this week. My dear friend Tracy is their Guest Designer - not only is she an excellent teamie, she is always there to listen to me rant and rave about my creative endeavors.

Well, the steampunk experience is one combining 1890's sci-fi (real or imagined) with the fashion and imagery of the time, and turquoise seems to be the color that pops up over and over. I dunno why I have been so attracted to this, but I have for a very long time. Every movie with a time machine, and the metal and colors associated with it seems to be such an amazing experience.

Anyway, long story short, I do love that style, and so I did my best to bring that to this card. The very most fun was combining so many "things" and from difference sources. "Explore" is the word that described my journey through all my supplies, and deciding how to best use them. But it describes how I hope to continue my journey through life too.

Hope you enjoyed the card !!

♥♥♥♥♥♥

7 comments:

  1. Wow!! what a fantastic card ... you really did this style justice ... thanks ever so much for playing along this week at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the blues!! you did a fabulous job jan!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is one super cool card, thanks for sharing your beautiful style and wonderful creation, and of course, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB! always good to have you here!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How fun this is, we're working with the same papers (well, yours is ready of course :-) What a beauty! Those colours are yummie and that flower is a delight!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This style suits you so well! You'll have to tell me what's under the ladies picture. It looks like you cut up an embossing folder but I know better than that. Love your take on Ros's sketch and thanks for the sweet comment. You know I'm all ears. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. What another wonerful card.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So incredibly lovely! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete