Tuesday, September 21, 2010

City Crafter 23


♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

City Crafter's
challenge this week is a sketch. It doesn't seem like I do sketches all that often, and then I am so careful to completely follow them, which defeats the purpose of "inspiration". *sigh*

I see my friend Tracy won this challenge last week - yippee ! Tho' I must say I do envy her as she has won that challenge twice, and I have yet to win it - though 8 Artist Spotlights (Honorable Mention) are mine to brag on forever. I try my best to get something in there nearly every week - it is a good challenge, and if you haven't tried it yet, do ! Those ladies are lovely for sure.

A pretty simple card - some liquid gold, white faux stitching, and a handmade rose that Tracy (again!) taught me how to make. I always have a dozen or so on hand, so I can just dip into my stash when I need one.

AND, if you haven't ever stopped by Tracy's blog, here is the link. She always has the most beautiful and incredible flowers on her cards, and she makes most of them herself !! What a talent.

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

11 comments:

  1. I will have to agree with you, Tracy's flower is gorgeous! But I do love your creation, this one has the soft tone I love, and that flower is just a great addition. I am sure you will win one of our challenge one day, when you are spotlighted, you are very close to winning, I wish we could do more but picking just ONE winner is really tough. Thanks for your support for CCCB though, we really love having you here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww Jan, you're such a sweetheart! Thanks for the HUGE shoutout you just gave me.
    I am LOVIN' this card. You have done such a beautiful job with the sketch. Is this some of your "no longer a paper pad" Prima paper? Whatever it is it's gorgeous.
    Let me remind you again my friend. YOU ARE AN AWESOME CRAFTER!! Eight Spotlights ain't nothin to sneeze at! You're always a winner to me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful,such pretty papers and the rose is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh! this is just so gorgeous! I adore your colour scheme and papers and the rose is truly fabulous ... you've put a lot into this and it shows .. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card Jan, the colours are a perfect match and yes, it has to be said: the flower is soooo pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jan....I LOVE this card! The flower just takes the cake...beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhh beautiful! I LOVE that flower! The color scheme is in one word; fabulous. Soft colors and very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh this is stunning!! LOVE the flower and soft colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fabulous card.. That flower is beautiful. did you make it.. Hope you are having a happy day. You know we just love seeing your creations here at CCCB..

    Hugs, Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! LOVE the flower and the serene colors!!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This card is so beautiful. The colors look amazing together and I LOVE the flower. Wow.

    ReplyDelete