Wednesday, March 6, 2013

March tutorial


♥♥♥♥♥

Hi Everyone ! This month's tutorial for The Kraft Journal is here !  We are fancying up a TH memo pin, into a glitter stick pin.


The items you will need are:

Tape
Diamond Glaze
Glitter (I used Martha's coarse white)
Tim Holtz memo pin (from Kraft Outlet)

 
 I worked on a little plastic dish I could lift away from my work table, so as not to disturb the little pin.


 First, tape the back of the pin, like this


 Add some Diamond Glaze in the middle.  It will probably "over fill", but you can always break that part off easily once it is dry.


 Add a pinch of glitter.  And now comes the HARD part !  Put your dish away, and forget about it until tomorrow.  It dries slowly because it is in such a glob.  I know you will want to touch it, I know you will.  But RESIST! 

Pull off the tape tomorrow, and this is how your little pin will look.  Isn't it so cute !  And only about 3 or 4 minutes of time.

Another tip is to keep all of your stick pins on a piece of foam.  This piece is recycled, an old piece from a set of brads.  I can see them easily, and of course now that they "stick" in my mind,  I remember to use them !

♥♥♥♥♥

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea, Jan! TFS! I'll have to give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea! I have a pack of those pins just sitting in my embellishment box......well have to add some bling to them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful, easy to do idea. Thank you for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete