Monday, April 8, 2013

TKJ 116 - Tag, You're It !


♥♥♥♥♥

I think I may be actually squealing ...
This week at The Kraft Journal our theme is
Tag You're It !


I love making tags, so this week's challenge, Tag You're It ! fits right into my favorite pastime.  I really challenged myself with my first two mixed media tags, the sentiments really do reflect my thoughts !!  From the Kraft Outlet, I used a background of Vintage Reproduction Sears Catalog Pages, adhered to a Large Manila Shipping Tag.  I added two General Store Postage Stamp Stickers to further the "store" theme, added a charm and a bead, and threaded the eyelets with Natural Hemp Cord.  The tag has been heavily stamped, inked, painted, and whatever !

The second tag also has a base of a Large Manila Shipping Tag and Vintage Dictionary Pages were torn and adhered to it.  Also adhered was a Journal Ticket and a Custom Fastener.  Some beads and a heart clip were attached, and some Earthy Hemp Cord laced through the pink eyelets.  This tag was also heavily inked, stamped, and otherwise "treated" to the mixed media methods.


These were so much fun to make, but really time consuming.  Also, I found that I wanted to add more and more, which seems to me to be right in tune with mixed media efforts.  Expect a lot more of these from me.

All items from the Kraft Outlet are linked above.
other supplies...
Sentiments - Splash of Color
Tightrope walker stamp - My Mind's Eye
Various charms and ribbons - stash
Ink - Ranger Distress, Color box Mix'd Media, Staz-On, Versafine
Modpodge
Gesso
Date Stamp
Copics
Tissue Paper
Liquid Gold
Smooch
Faber-Castell gelato

♥♥♥♥♥


1 comment:

  1. Wow! they look amazing! fabulous work Jan ... looks like you really enjoyed this challenge!

    ReplyDelete