Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Purple valentine

♥♥♥♥♥♥

It has been a strange year so far.  I never do mind when things are quiet and dull, always consider the alternative I think.  Dom's surgery happened so much faster than we had thought, and an exhausting few days spent up in Portland.  We had decided to do a couple of days recuperation at the ocean, high above the surf, an incredible view for whale watching.  Not a whale was spied, but we did live through 85 mph winds (110 only 10 miles down the beach), and scrambled to find the one single road back to the valley still open, only to have it close right behind us.  Not so very relaxing at all.  And we returned to find that my dad had died, sadly my family chose not to pass on that news to me.  He was a good and decent man.

So not a happy beginning, but I know things will start looking up.  I THINK I may have smelled spring coming home from breakfast this morning.  It isn't too far into February before the flowers are popping like mad.

A card today for someone sweet.  I chose to use the sketch this week over at City Crafter !  



The heart is painted with TH crackle distress paint, and is a TH die.  Everything on it is very very old, more than a year, except the DCWV design paper, which I just found last week.
And on to the following challenges this week !

City Crafter - sketch
Cupcake Crafts - all you need is love

Cardstock - My Mind's Eye
Design Paper - DCWV, K & Co, Graphic 45
Ribbon - Martha Stewart, Close to My Heart
Sentiment - American Crafts
Brads - Recollections
Flowers - Michaels bridal
Bulldog clip & string - stash
♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

15 comments:

  1. Hello,
    I'm a new follower. I found you through City Crafter Challenge. I love your card...it's really beautiful. I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad, and that your trip to the ocean wasn't very relaxing. I envy your early spring in February. I used to live in Sacramento, CA and that's one of the things I miss most. Take care and nice to meet you!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How sweet is that, thanks for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Jan I am so sorry to hear your news ... I really hope things get better for you ... blog buddies are always here to listen ... I love your card ... so beautiful ... Thank you for finding the time to play along with us this week ... sending a cyber hug

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card!

    Many thanks for sharing the love at Cupcake Craft Challenges.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooh this is so pretty . I love that heart
    Thanks for joining us at Oldie but a Goodie this fortnight
    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear about your Dad ,sending big hugs from Tasmania......by the way your card is so very pretty.

    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card, thanks for joining us this week at Cupcake Craft and good luck.
    Hugs Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card...love the vintage look of it!! So sorry to hear about you Dad...hope things quiet down and perk up for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your card is just so beautiful, Jan. I love the colors in this card. So sorry about your dad, I know you loved him and will miss him. Have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous! I'd love for you to link up with me at 52 Card Pickup, a cardmaking celebration!

    http://www.oldbackporch.com/2012/01/52-card-pickup-week-4.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such a sweet and adorable card!! Love the heart and pretty details! Thanks for joining us at The Cupcake Craft Challenge this week! Good Luck! Hugs and sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH my goodness.. What a gorgeous card.. Thanks so much for playing along with us at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so lovely! Thanks for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sinto muito por seu pai...Espero também que sua primavera lhe traga bons ares...Lindo cartão com as pequenas flores...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card - love the details.
    Thanks for sharing it with us at AOBG this time.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete