Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Papercraft Star 95


♥♥♥♥♥

The theme at Papercraft Star this week is ...

Mother's Day !!




Tulips are my favorite flower.  Last fall Dom moved around some bulbs, and put some new ones in, and I have a gorgeous flower bed this spring !  And, oddly, we have some black black tall tulips, and also planted some cascading black petunias, they would be amazing in a monochromatic setting.

I had really thought I would do some tulip thing this week, but look what I ended up with !!


My journey is always a surprising one, and I never ever know how I end up with my final result.  It all just happens...

The image is a free one found on Pinterest, colored with Copics.  The tag is just a standard tag, a doodle added in black, with a white Gelly roll pen, and a gold Gelly roll pen accenting the doodle.  The inside of the tag has been covered in Ranger distress ink, with some white Ranger stain over the top.  It was then sprayed with Tattered Angels glimmer mist for a bright and beautiful finish.  I added a ribbon, bakers twine and a button from my stash.  Very easy tag, probably less than an hour start to finish.

I will probably let Spencer add this to his gift for his mom this year.  Right now Brie is in Victoria BC playing some amateur golf with the rest of the Oregon team, enjoying the harbor view from their incredible hotel.  They will play 3 competitive rounds with other state teams from the Pacific Northwest, fielding a team of 8 men, 2 senior women, and 2 mid-amateur women.  I always get a butterfly in my tummy when she is gone, competing.


Here is a video from last year ...

You have A Mother's Day card already - you made it for your mom, your daughter,  your sister or a dear friend.  How about linking it up at Papercraft Star ?  We would love to have you !  

Anitra is our star this week, and she has a "traditional" type card, and it is completely gorgeous.  Hope to see you there !!

♥♥♥♥♥♥



3 comments:

  1. What a fun tag, Jan, it will be perfect for Spenser to give to your daughter! Hoping she does well at the tournament. Thanks for all your hard work and have a good Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such an adorable tag Jan. That little image is so darling! Wishing Brie well on the green!

    Anitra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh, that image is ever so sweet, Jan! And you've colored it so beautifully! So sorry it took me so long to get over here. Life has been so crazy!

    ReplyDelete