Saturday, June 11, 2011

SS39, JFF

♥♥♥♥♥♥

Is it summer yet ? If it is, why am I sitting here in a fleece top, blue jeans and socks ?? Brrr.

Today I have a card prepared for two challenges. Scrapbook Sisters is featuring an English Country Garden, and Just For Fun is featuring anything with anything Tim Holtz upon it.

Neither one of those is a difficult challenge, but you know, I don't think I have seen either requirements in a challenge before. It wasn't hard to combine into one card, as I gave a nod to garden notebooks using TH products.



The bird is layered with some music and "tape", and was a freebie image from Designer Digitals. I printed it on vellum for a more sheer design.

Spencer doesn't take naps when he visits on Sundays, but when I had him on a Saturday his mom told him he must take a nap. Since it wasn't a Sunday, he agreed to that. When I took him into my bedroom I put on a noise machine I listen to at night. It has some choices for sounds, and I put on the jungle theme which has birds calling out to one another. Spencer sighed and said
"it is sooooooo beautiful", and slept for nearly 3 hours.

That is why I chose a bird and the word "listen" for this card.

Hope your weekend is amazing ! I am going to Ben Franklin for a make-n-take, and learning how to make a bezel. I would love to incorporate those charms into my cards - so be on the look out for that !

Cardstock - Bazzill
Design Paper - 7 Gypsies, K & Co
Image - Designer Digital freebie (printed on vellum)
Chain, charm, bulldog clip and paper clip - Tim Holtz
Hug Snug seam binding
EK Success border punch


♥♥♥♥♥♥

13 comments:

  1. Jan, I was thinking the same thing about the weather as I sit with my slippers on! What gives?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card and what a lovely tale of Spencer and his sleeping habits!!!

    Thanks for playing along with your tim products this week over on JFF.

    Sam xxx

    http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the back story to this card and the power of bird song. Beautiful card, lovely image thank you for sharing with us at Just for Fun hope we will see you again. XOXO Zoe

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loved reading your post, the card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The card is lovely and a constant reminder of the of the staurday nap :)
    Thank you for joining us at Just for Fun
    Von x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card,
    bit chilly here in Suffolk.
    Janet x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Прекрасна,вдъхновяваща,моите поздравления!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful - I love the layering and the way you have coloured each one.
    I have a little Teddy Bear I take on holiday with me and he is called Spencer (because he is a Marks & Spencer bear) and he has just come back from Ireland so when I get around to blogging he will feature on my entry.
    Thanks for joining us at JFF with this beautiful piece of work - Hugs, Neet x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful card, Jan! thanks for stopping by and leaving comments!You have a lot of beautiful things here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ah what a lovely story to accompany a beautiful piece of art. Absolutely love this well done indeed.

    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOL Maybe Spencer will grow up to be an ornothologist(I think that's the right word for a bird scientist). I think this card is just beautiful. It has a bit of a Tim holtz feel to it, definitely a wonderful shabby chic look. Just lovely!

    ReplyDelete