Sunday, April 22, 2012

In my mind and in my car


♥♥♥♥♥

Here is this week's sketch from Card Patterns ...


No one is as surprised as I am how this card turned out ...



 Not quite my usual style !!

I am also submitting this to:
The Crafter's Cafe Challenge - Spring with pastel colors

All the grandmas have cute names - but not me.  I live with the dullest grandma name - "grandma"  *sigh*

I have vainly attempted to interest Spencer in other names, but he is certain that somehow God gave me this name, and I am stuck with it.  I have been pushing for some sort of adjective to go along with it, like "Queen" grandma, but he told me I needed a crown for that.  

Well, this week I greeted him with a crown, which he said "frustrated" him, but he did not ask me to remove it.  When I took it off sometime later, he asked me where it was.  I told him the magical fairies took it for a while, but he said

"Grandma, (with the same expression as one might say, You Dunce) magical fairies are only legends and tales...  "

as I fear any other name is ...

Cardstock - Bazzill
Design Paper, sentiment - all Cosmo Cricket
Buttons - Elements
Jewelry cording - stash

♥♥♥♥♥♥

3 comments:

  1. Hi Jan,

    Love the way your card turned out, it's perfect for our challenge at the CCCB. I was lucky enough to claim Nana...lol

    I live in Oregon too and hasn't the weather been beautiful the last few days! Thanks again for joining us at the CCCB and have a great week!

    hugs Marjo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe it's not your usual style, but it is ever so fun! LOVE those sweet, little birdies, and your wrapped trio of buttons is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for playing with us at The Crafter's Cafe Challenge Blog! Best of luck in the draw!
    Hugs,
    Karen C (TCCCB DT)
    www.busybusyhoneybee.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete