Monday, March 5, 2012

Fairies

♥♥♥♥♥♥

I really love a monochromatic _______ (fill in the space).  I have found I really tend toward those kinds of cards too, and realized I needed to branch out and work on combining colors better.  I bought a book about color last week, and thought I would take a leap into color combos that aren't just brown or black.

So, armed with this sketch from Card Patterns ....


and the color inspiration this week at Play Date Cafe ...



This is my card ....


Whew.  

Cardstock - Bazzill
Design Paper - Prima, Creative Imaginations
Stamps - My Mind's Eye, Inkadinkado
Flowers - Petaloo
Fairy - Prima
Gelly Roll gold pen
Jewelry cording
Hug Snug hand dyed seam binding

♥♥♥♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful! I think our current color combo is the perfect, gentle way to break into doing colors other than monochromatic. They really blend well with each other, and your card is absolutely lovely.

    Thanks so much for playing with us at The Play Date Cafe this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that is really pretty. I love the flowers and the fairies. so much dimension!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely beautiful, Jan! LOVE all those embellishments, and you've done a fantastic job with the color story! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at The Play Date Cafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just amazing! LOVE that little fairy! :) Fabulous job!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely, vintage looking card. So pretty. Thank you so much for playing along at The Play Date Cafe this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful vintage card! Love the little fairy. Thank you for playing along at Card Patterns this week!

    ReplyDelete