Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Papercraft Star 55

 ♥♥♥♥♥♥

This week's challenge at Papercraft Star is one everyone always enjoys !!

Anything goes !!

Well my BF's youngest son got married on Saturday, so I made a wedding card for him and his gorgeous bride.  I have never seen a groom so happy - and calm !

The wedding was a black and white one, and so I bought myself a darling black and white patterned jacket.  Horrors - when I arrived I saw that I matched the table linens perfectly !!  Now, 2 of the same dresses at a gathering, ok, but matching the linens ??  Not quite my most embarrassing moment, but way up there !!

While the wedding was quite traditional, I chose to make a card that totally wasn't ! 


And here is the inside.  The pocket held a tag with our names on it, and a check.  The tag was made from one of The House Across the Bay's pastel digitals, to which I added two stamped corner flourishes.  It was truly one of a kind !!


Why not join us this week at Papercraft Star - what a fun and easy challenge !!

Cardstock - Cordinations
Design Paper - My Minds Eye, K & Co, Basic Gray, The House Across the Bay
Brad - Bo Bunny
Pearls - Thank you Tracy !!
Punch - Martha Stewart
Cuttlebug folder
Ribbon - Close to my Heart
Stamp - TPC
Walnut stain - Tsukinek
Ink - Versafine, Ranger Distress
Inside sentiment - K & Co Vellum sticker 

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

5 comments:

  1. Jan I like the idea of the pocket on the inside of the card. I often neglect the insides of my cards so this is one idea I'll have to borrow:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This my be a totally different kind of wedding card but it's one that won't get thrown away. You did an amazing job with this. Love the design of the whole card!
    Table linens--- tee hee! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Jan! I really love these colors together and the grungy look. Wonderful work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Funny story, Jan! I am seriously laughing out loud, but not AT you. Just with you! hee hee!

    I think the card you created for them is just so special. I love how the inside is decorated too! There's even a little pocket! You have all the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is gorgeous Jan... and I just love that inside pocket...so clever!

    ReplyDelete