Hey everyone !
We are in need of a couple new designers at Papercraft Star, and maybe one of those is YOU !!
Like Tracy said, we aren't necessarily looking for mega talent, but what we really need is commitment. Have a look at this:
We are looking for two new DT members. We don’t require that you be an artist extraordinaire or have a zillion followers. Those things are nice of course, but what we’re really looking for is someone who will be a committed member of this team. The secret to a well run DT is the commitment of each team member to fulfill their obligations as part of the team. When everyone does their part, everything will run smooth as silk.
Of course we want being a part of our team to be a fun experience, but there are some things that we are looking for in our new DT members that are necessary to keep our team solid and well balanced. These may sound like stuffy old rules, but each and every one is a very integral and important part of building a great challenge blog Design Team. So here’s what we need:
- Someone who loves crafting, being part of a team, and inspiring and encouraging others.
- Although we don’t expect perfection, we do want to see quality work that will inspire our challenge participants
- You must have a blog and be able to post well photographed projects (complete with supply lists) to promote the Papercraft Star weekly challenge
- You must be 18 years of age or older and live in the United States/Canada. International applicants will be considered for Guest Designer positions so we encourage you to apply.
- You must be able to commit to a six month term on the team beginning September 1, 2011 and ending February 29, 2012
- You must read the Papercraft Star Design Team Guidelines and be prepared to follow them as set forth
- If selected you will be required to complete one challenge based assignment per week using product supplied by our sponsor, The House Across the Bay (please visit THATB etsy shop and check out the resources you will be required to work with). You would also be expected to participate in any scheduled blog hops or special postings.
So what’s in this for you?
- You’ll be part of a wonderfully supportive group of crafting ladies
- Exposure for your own blog
- Free product from our sponsor (please understand that the product is in digital form and CANNOT be shared. It is for your personal use only. Sharing digital files is illegal!)
If you would like to be a part of our growing team of fabulous crafters, please send the following to email@example.com (please use “Design Team Call” as your subject) and include:
- Full name, address, phone number and email address.
- A link to your personal blog, a link to your YouTube channel (if applicable), and links to your online galleries (if applicable).
- Design teams, if any, that you work on now or have worked on in the past.
- Photos of three papercraft projects that represent both your style and your best work.
- Read the Design Team Guidelines and determine if you are willing to comply with the these requirements.
- Write a short paragraph about yourself telling us why you think you'll be a good fit for the Papercraft Star Design Team. Please also let us know that you read the Design Team Guidelines.
- Become a follower of Papercraft Star (if you are not already).
- Complete and email with your application a project created for Challenge 60 on the challenges page of the Papercraft Star Challenge blog - (this will be your first Design Team reveal if selected for the Team). The challenge: Steampunk—use something metal or go for the full fledged steampunk look
Submission deadline is August 4, 2011. We will announce our Design Team members before the end of the month.
We have a lot of fun with our team, and we have gotten to be such great friends with one another ! Ok, sometimes we do get a little silly, I admit.
But that is what our craft is about - some hands on stuff, but lots of friendships and giggles too.
Think about it. You can always ask either me or Tracy if you have any questions at all !!!