Saturday, May 22, 2010

JUGS 34 template



♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

JUGS always has a 3D template requirement every fourth week of the month.

Being just a beginner to these kinds of templates I chose an easy pillow box.

Not much to say about it. It only took about 20 minutes, including cutting the template. Most of the time I spent matching up the scoring components. The nice thing about this is that I used scraps - paper, ribbons, and lace, and the tag I had previously made.

I have a bunch of tags already made, so I just have to sort through to find the right one ! I found that if I make a few every week I always have one that works. Otherwise, I agonize over making just the right one.

I know this is much simpler than the other beautiful designs, but I am cuttin' myself some slack.

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

11 comments:

  1. Jan! Wow girlie! This is so pretty! I love love LOVE that your "scraps" produced this lovely box under your creative guidance. The shabby tag is perfect with the sheer ribbon, lace and pretty flower. Thanks so much for playing with Just Us GIrls this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow.. you are creating lots of goodies. Love the flower, ribbon and colour coorinations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. so adorable, these are so cute, thanks for the inspiration...have a fabulous day!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love the softness of this pillow box. It would make a wonderful wedding favour.
    Nikki

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't be so hard on yourself! This pillow box may be simple to you but it turned out so LOVELY! The colors are TERRIFIC and what a great idea to make a stash of tags! The thing I love about templates is exactly what you said, you can use bits and pieces of things you have and make something quite beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree with Sue! This is so pretty, and your work is fabulous! The colors are so soft and pretty and the tag is perfect! Don't you just love it when you have scraps and items already made to use up? Lovely box! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is such a pretty pillow box!! I love the tag too~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the pillow box and the tag. Such a perfect match and the flower is absolutely stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It may be simple, but you really took it over the top girl! Way to go....I love vintage!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oooh la la this is gorgeous! LOVE IT. Thanks for playing along with JUGS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Soo pretty! I just love that adorable tag!!

    ReplyDelete