Saturday, May 29, 2010

Our Creative Corner Color/Texture


♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

Our Creative Corner
is looking for b&w and some texture this week.

I have been inspired by Linda the Funkie Junkie since I first became aware of all the card bloggers. Her take on this challenge was a silhouette, and I went for the same. Black and white is one of my favorite choices for challenges or color combos or just about anything - I think it tells a story so well.

My "freedom" is cut using Sure Cuts a Lot, which I know I will be talking about incessantly for awhile. No need for Cricut cartridges, everything you can imagine you can cut, you can cut using this software program. A simple USB cable from your Cricut to your computer, and the software, and boom, you are there. I spent $60 for my download, and that is all you ever need to spend. Seriously.

Any fonts you have on your computer now, or that you download for free in the future will all work, as will any wingdings and dingbats. If you really aren't creative at all, (which I completely doubt since you are only here because YOU ARE) there are lots of free files on the internet.

Honestly, no one will ever look at your cards and say "oh that is the George cartridge" because you will have unique stuff.

I will post another card in a day or two using the same software. Meantime I am loving it....

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

3 comments:

  1. I luv this image, it is a favorite of mine...gorgeous card in b&w...have a wonderful weekend!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this, Jan!!! I love the idea of silhouettes for this challenge. Thank-you for playing along with us on the OCC today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fantastic card for this week's Challenge! Thanks for playing along this week with 'Our Creative Corner'!

    ReplyDelete