Thursday, May 20, 2010

OCCSC 16


♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

Just off the top, if you are looking for another post of mine it has been deleted. I spend a lot of time creating ~ and when no one stops by from the challenge I entered I get a little cranky. Especially after they have chosen a winner....

NOW, onto the OCC sketch for this week !

I did a lot of different things here than I usually do on my cards. I am not certain I have used a butterfly but maybe only once. I cut it from paper, and I just love it. I used Ranger Ink on chipboard that I would never have used otherwise for the butterfly background - I am pleased I actually thought of that, and I will do it again.

Also, I saw Darsie Bruno's take on this challenge and loved the bubble embossing. I have never used that folder, and thought I had wasted money on it, but after I saw her use it thought I would try it too. It is a really cool background I think.

The pretty blue borders I won from 365 Cards, Pamela Maas sent them in a fabulous package from her company Mackenzie Mae Designs.

My favorite thing about this card is that it is turquoise ! None of us do enough turquoise. I would challenge myself to a week of it, but goodness, that week long thank you challenge I had for myself was really really hard !!!

I will settle for it a day here and there I think.

Oh, and one last thing - if you are interested in a design team call for a new and unique challenge check out Papercraft Star. My pal Kristina is on the ground floor of this endeavor and it looks most interesting !!

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

2 comments:

  1. turquoise blue is a gorgeous colour, they certainly makes the card stand out :). Love your distressed butterfly and embellies, and I esp heart the border that you won @ 365 cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oohh ahhhh! Love the color combo! Thanks for playing at OCC Sketch!

    ReplyDelete