Thursday, June 24, 2010

365 Cards, 3 cuts


♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

My post yesterday was an auto post, so it has been a few days since I have made a card !

365 Cards today has a 3 cut requirement, that is, the card needs to be cut three different ways. I used scissors, SCAL (for my scalloped edges), and a trimmer. Not a very difficult assignment today, that is for certain !!

I think I may have cropped it a bit aggressively, getting used to some new software. The Graphics Fairy provided the image, it looks like a very small calendar give away to tuck into a handbag maybe... Nevertheless, A Happy New Year and birthday go together in my book !!

Summer must be here - spent three days in the sun (gasp, yes, no rain) working a couple of golf tournaments. Hard hard work, and I am so tired, not to mention ending up with my eyes swollen closed from my allergies and a very sunburnt nose !! Still, lots of fun and seeing old old friends always makes the work worthwhile. Dom is pampering me for a couple days while I rejuvenate.

Don't forget to stop by Papercraft Star and enter your project for the first official challenge, and/or vote for your favorites !!

♥♥♥ ♥♥♥ ♥♥♥

5 comments:

  1. only a few days and nothing you wouldn't do for me, and oh by the way a very cool card, i always like the old fashioned looking cards just kinda my thing i guess.
    dom

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colour blue of this card, such a sweet elegance. Love the image and the cuts.. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it when Dom comments on your posts. It's so sweet. :) He's right. This is a very cool card. Love the colors and the DP you used. You know I like the vintage images and this is a unique one. Great card Jan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful vintage card, Jan! Wonderful image, love how you layered it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the soft colours and the layering. At first glance it looks like a simple card, but there's so much texture and detail... great job. :)

    ReplyDelete