Thursday, June 17, 2010

City Crafter 9



♪ ♪ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫♫

Thank you thank you City Crafter - they gave me another Spotlight Artist last week, I love it !!!

This week they have a very cool challenge, which is "Venice". No gondolas !

Now, I have never been there, but the pictures of this incredible Italian city are so colorful. The homes on the waterfront painted so brightly, the blue of the Adriatic Sea, the golden sunsets - but my personal favorites, the masks !

Now we had some choices about our theme once we got to Venice, and the one I chose was music. The Venetian School was a group of composers during the late 16th century who ushered in the Baroque era of music. They were innovative and brought about dramatic change in music.
So, I have combined color, and music in this card...

I told Tracy I would give her complete credit for the darling treble clef paper clip, which I purchased at Staples.

***Reminder to check out Papercraft Star - the first challenge opens next Wednesday. Also, the message board is up and running, with lots of interesting information and tips, plus some fun !***

My "for fun" for today - Dom had a coupon for a hamburger at a fast food restaurant here in town. The coupon was pretty cute, it was a hamburger on paper, cut out just right. Now being a hater of all things mayo, he asked the girl if the burger came with mayo on it. After looking over the picture on the coupon she said "you know, I can't tell ..."

Ta Da !!

♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫ ♫

11 comments:

  1. Awww thanks Jan. :) What a cool card and congrats on your Sptlight at CC! WOOHOO! I haven't had a chance to get over there and check out last week's doins. Didn't get to play that one. Love the texture of the embossed music score. I soooo want to play some challenges this week, but I just don't kow if it's gonna happen. Great job on this challenge (as usual)!

    ReplyDelete
  2. B.E.A.U.T.I.F.U.L. card Jan...love the colors!!!

    'hold the pickle, hold the lettuce. and the MAYO :D

    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  3. great colors great paper and of course the little extras, and the story if how your husband inspired you, just kidding, as always thought your background info was interesting and fun.
    dom

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love seeing what people come out with that the theme or inspiration photo, I love how you combine the music score and the treble clef charm/clip, very creative! Thanks for playing along with us at CCCB again this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So unique and fabulous! LOVE your take on the challenge! thank you for playing along at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just love what you did with the challenge..
    Those colors are fab. and the embossed paper is just an extra bonus! Love It!
    Thanks for playing along with us over at CCCB!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow what pretty colors. Thanks for joining us at the CCCB

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous,love how you've coloured the embossed music sheet.

    ReplyDelete
  9. love your card, jan! the colors are so pretty! love the fibers and the flower. thanks for sharing :)! you're doing so awesome in all the card challenges! congrats!! have a great friday! *hugs* steph :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card and interpretation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Another great card Jan. I don't know which I like better..your creations or your stories!?!

    :) KristinaH

    ReplyDelete