Friday, March 4, 2011

Papercraft Star 35




♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

This week at Papercraft Star we are to use a book, song or movie for our inspiration. Wow - that is a pretty wide range of things, isn't it.

I chose a movie, and it is one of my top three movies of all time, Amelie.

Set in France, this is the story of a lonely girl who performs an amazing act of kindness, becomes involved in a mysterious search regarding photo booths, pulls a very nasty (but necessary) practical joke, relieves a coworker from a stalker while promoting true love, and so so much more. Even gnomes... yup, gnomes. And Zorro.

I used bright colors on my card to reflect the incredible cinematography in this film - one of the prettiest visual films I have ever seen. The film strip reflects one of the major stories of the film. There were hundreds of amazing images and ideas I could have chosen, I could probably use this inspiration for a dozen more cards without thinking twice.

If you haven't seen this film, you are in for such a treat. (While I was recovering from surgery I propped up a little dvd player on my bed and watched this, again, and again.)

Link up before Sunday 9PM at Papercraft Star with your favorite movie, song, book inspiration. This is such a great challenge, one that should be so easy and a challenge you can always fall back on when the mojo is on vacation too !

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥
And here are the little details:

Cardstock - Recollections
Design Paper - Basic Grey, The House across the Bay Etsy shop
Stamps - Tim Holtz, Inkadinkado, 7 Gypsies
Photos & Film Strip - Tim Holtz
Lettering - Cosmo Cricket
Brads - stash


♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

6 comments:

  1. Goodmorning Jan! What a vibrant and beautiful card! I love the colors and the film strip. Great work!
    Regan

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW ,another beauty -wish my brain was as creative as yours.
    hugs n stuff

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never seen that movie but it sounds interesting. This is a change up from your usual style. All those jewel tones are just gorgeous and I love the film strip. Awesome project for this weeks challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I sooo need to see that movie! I can't believe I have never seen it yet! I love what you did with this card, Jan. The colors and so fun, but I really love the film strip. It's perfect for your movie-themed card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the bright colors and the filmstrip on this Jan! Great job :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Jan. The depth of color and design is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete