Friday, March 25, 2011

Try it on Tuesday - Inchies



♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

Try it on Tuesday has an inchies theme this week. What is an inchie ? Just an image that is only 1" x 1". Three is the requirement !

Now I do love inchies - I think they are so fun, and you can always sneak one in your card somewhere. These particular ones come from The House Across the Bay Etsy shop, and I believe they are entitled "steampunk" - the rest of the inchies on this sheet are in keeping with the fun of these four.

A couple of these papers I am afraid, are scraps, and I don't know where they came from - well one came from my lss and one from Joann's, but the manufacturer ? not a clue.

One thing I did on this card I haven't done before, and I don't know why not, is some macrame. I thought knots would be in keeping with the ship the pilot is sailing, but when I finished the card and looked at that photo closer I realized he is actually piloting something airborne ! Even dumber, and betraying my old age - I tried to look at that photo by clicking on this image instead of looking at the card right next to me. Whoa - glad the weekend is approaching and my weary brain won't have to make those sorts of distinctions.

Have a wonderful weekend !

Inchies & mounting paper - The House Across the Bay
Cardstock - Recollections
Design Paper - Graphic 45, and scraps
Key - Making Memories
Chain and clip - Tim Holtz
Twine - stash
Stamps - Inkadinkado
Tulle - Michaels
Ink - Ranger Distress
Brads - Recollections

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

8 comments:

  1. WOW those HATB papers are really cool. I took a peek at their etsy store and they have some great stuff. No wonder you're spending $$$$ there. Great card Jan! Makes me think of Wendy Vecchi's style. Very steampunk. Ship or plane the macrame knot looks fantastic. I've never learned how to do that. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are just lovely. You are so talented. THank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I immediately recognized the paper :-) You made a superb card with them! Those metallic embellies are gorgeous, I can see you just HAD to had them, LOL! Have a great weekend, Ira

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fantastic! Perfect for the TioT challenge this week. Than ks for joining us. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful card! I love the papers and, well, everything about it! Superb!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning work. Thanks for playing at TIOT. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is beautiful, Jan! I love those inchies and I've never heard of them before! What a great technique - thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMW this is stuning. I love your macrame knot, I know how to macrame as a child I made all sorts but never thought of using it on my craft project and now you just gave me an ide, check back in the morning for the new hallenge and you'll see my project, THANK YOU for reminding me of this technique and thank you playing along TioT this week
    hugs Ildiko

    ReplyDelete