Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Papercraft Star 37


♥♥♥♥♥♥

Papercraft Star Challenge 37 is, simply, St. Patrick's Day ! But I think we will accept anything green - for spring, for St. Pat's day tomorrow, for money, or even the Emerald City ! Isn't that one beautiful inspiration photo.

I had all sorts of issues with this card. It came together easily enough, it just kinda fell apart at the very end.

I have one of those huge 3m pink tape gliders. I ran out right of the tape right at the very end of taping this on, and could not, COULD NOT, get that puppy reloaded, so ended up with some old 2 sided tape. I took the photo, then I saw that it wasn't sticking quite right on one side. So, I thought, back to get another photo, but dumb me, I had glued on the flower {which I never ever do, I always attach it through the paper) and I had done it right before I took the photo. Well it was still standing in my lightbox, and didn't that glue drip down the card and already harden, so no new photo for me. And I think the card is completely ruined too. Oh well, and alas.

Don't forget we have new deadlines for our linky - Sunday 9PM (Eastern US) submissions close, and voting closes on Tuesday at 6AM (Eastern US.) Hope to see you at Papercraft Star for this easy-peasy challenge. Oh, and a reminder, we always have all of our challenges posted for months ahead - just click on the challenge tab and make it now !!

Cardstock - Martha Stewart
Design Paper - Basic Grey, Prima, K&Co
Flower - Prima
Green brad - Bo Bunny
Dragonfly brads - Recollections

♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

9 comments:

  1. jan...love the inspiration photo
    but lovin' your card more =)
    this card is not r.u.i.n.e.d.!!!
    have a great day...
    ~victoria~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well I think it turned out fabulous! I lve the paper and those little dragonflies are too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Kristina... this turned out fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't see any glue and it's not ruined at all! I love it! I love the softness, the colors, and the image. Simply beautiful! Great work! Regan

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a lovely take on the photo challenge! I love the seed packet and the pretty green flower! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Runined! I can't see a thing wrong with it! I think it's beautiful. I love the soft greens and that pretty little seed pack. Nope, nothing wrong with this card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful papers on this Jan. Love that gorgeous flower too. And thanks so much for the sweet words you left for me on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jan, you're hilarious! If you hadn't told us this story about the glue and tape we would not have noticed anything. I agree....green is one of my favorite colors! And this card turned out to be a beauty.

    Thanks for sharing with us the trials this card caused you. Sometimes I want to tell everyone a story behind the grief some of my own cards have turned out, but I always keep it a secret like as if I create something perfect every time. Ha! If only everyone knew the truth!

    ReplyDelete